Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Boppie!

My baby brother turned 19 today! Can you believe it?! I remember the day he was born. My Grandma Smithee came out to spend some time with us and she took us to a movie that night. All I Want For Christmas. Its a pretty good movie. I especially like how the boy gets into his dad's diner at night and makes the girl he likes and his little sister amazing burgers. ha, its funny what you remember, and then at the end of the movie a lady has a baby. It all wraps up nicely. Shortly after the movie my dad came home and told us that my mom had had the baby and the it was a BOY! I immediately ran into my room and cried. I don't really know why exactly but I was happy. The next day we went and met Adam Joshua and we got to take blue bubble gum cigars to school with stickers that said, "Its a BOY!" on them. It was pretty exciting. I sure loved that little stinker and I still do. Im so grateful that I get to spend a semester at BYU with him and take a class with him AND work with him. Its really been a slice of heaven.

So, Here are a few pictures of Adam and I doing what we do.

I stole these car pictures from my parents camera. Adam went to some museum or something with his Priest's Quarom.

The next few pictures are of Adam and I on our camping trip. I blogged about it a while back but here are some of the pictures. It was so fun. He randomly asked me if I wanted to go camping with him. I told him uh sure if you plan it all and take care of it, we can go right after I come home from work. He did too. He had the suburban packed and our gear all loaded and even made up tinfoil dinners and brought smores stuff. We couldn't find a camping spot so we just picked a little meadow off the side of the road. That night we read Calvin and Hobbes comics and I showed him the star constellations I knew. It is one of my favorite memories with my brother.







This Sunday,Adam let me do his hair, and I put some palm aid in it and swirled the end like a Cupie Doll. He even wore it to church like that! It was awesome!

PROM. or maybe Homecoming with Becca. I like Becca. What a little stud!
I can't remember what he was doing to my mom but it was hilarious.
We both had braces....it was my second time.
1st Day of School. Senior year of High School.
A close up of the Cupie Doll hair!
Adam in our puppet class we are taking together. We are making marionettes!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY POPS!
I sure love you! More than words can wield the matter, dearer than eyesight, space, liberty, beyond all things rich or rare!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Awe! Love this post! My hairy little chicken leg baby bro is all grown up! **sniff** Sniff**
Happy Birthday Buddy!

More Bacon said...

Too fun! I can't believe how grown up he is. I remember him being much smaller...