Monday, November 15, 2010

Blessings

I experienced a little miracle today. This might not sound like a miracle to you but to me it was. I found parking close to campus where I work. I just said a prayer that I could find parking quickly 'cause I was in a real big hurry and I just didn't have the energy to drive around forever, walk forever and then call in late. The Lord knew this and I drove right to an open space where there is normally no spaces at all. I parked, walked normally and clocked into work at 9:59am! WHOO!

That was such a blessing. It reminded me of all the little blessings that we receive throughout our days that I hardly recognize as a blessing. This experience brought to mind this scripture in The Book of Mormon
, 1 Nephi 1:20 "But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance."

When I stop and acknowledge the Lord's hand in my life it makes the blessing even sweeter to know that someone is on my side. That someone is looking out for me and actively participating in my life. I am not alone in the world. I don't have the means or the power to do everything that I accomplish during the day. I just can't do it on my own. It reminds me of a quote from one of the General Authorities. Forgive me I don't remember the exact quote or who said it but the essence of it says that; If we let the Lord take part in our lives, if we let him help us, by turning to him etc. He can make much more of our lives than we ever could alone. This really touched my heart and rang true to me.

It made me think about a lesson I learned on my mission. When I was going on my mission I gave a farewell talk. In it I said something along the lines of, "I know that I have been called to serve the Lord, and I know that I can do it with the Lord's help"
. When I came home from my mission after many experiences and some lessons on humility were learned, I discovered a flaw in my statement. Unintentionally I made the Lord an afterthought. I discovered that my statement needed to be tweaked. In my homecoming talk I shared this discovery. "I was called on a mission to serve the Lord and with the Lord, I can do it." I loved this lesson. It has made me realize that I really can't do things solely by myself and that when I rely on the Lord and let him shape and mold my life it can become much better than when I attempt alone.

I guess, I am just feeling very Grateful today. Life is good. Especially when you take the time to notice.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this post. You have a way with words. Thank you, it was just what I needed! Love you, girl.