Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Add a little Zest to your Life!

When I hear the word Zest, I think 2 things.

First I think of the zest or peel of a citrus fruit, and how I don’t have a zester but that I really want one, because I really like lemons in the things that I cook, like REALLY I LIKE LEMONS and come to think of it I may like LIMES even better!

Second I think about the old commercial Jingle from my childhood.

♪ You’re not fully clean, unless you’re Zestfully clean! ♪

I still sing that to myself occasionally while I’m in the shower. Not that I use Zest soap, I actually use Lever 2000, their new aloe kind, but that jingle is just so dang catchy!

I google imaged Zest and this is what it came up with.

http://eziserv.com/imgs/ASDA_Zest_ISDS.jpg

Isn’t that crazy?! I guess it is pretty green though. Maybe we should get on board with the UK.

Next I went to dictionary.com and looked up Zest. Here is the result:

zest

–noun
1. keen relish; hearty enjoyment; gusto.
2. an agreeable or piquant flavor imparted to something.
3. anything added to impart flavor, enhance one's appreciation, etc.
4. piquancy; interest; charm.
5. liveliness or energy; animating spirit.
6. the peel, esp. the thin outer peel, of a citrus fruit used for flavoring: lemon zest.
–verb (used with object)
7. to give zest, relish, or piquancy to.

The last random note about me is that one of my Favorite drinks is
Rootbeer with a lemon
wedge
in it. LOVE it.
It's my signature drink. Try it! You will love it!

Now go out and find what gives YOU a ZEST for LIFE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! You are amazing Tiffany!

More Bacon said...

Aw...I remember you having rootbeer with lemon!!

And speaking of lemon, have you taken care of that thing we talked about last week?

Don't make me come out there...