Friday, June 26, 2009

Creating things...

A friend of mine asked me what I have been up to lately. I told them, surviving. Breathing in and out and eating something so I don't die. Sounds dramatic. Then they asked me, no really, what have you been doing? I thought for a minute and realized that I have been doing some things. I have been trying to be a creator of things. I want to plant a tree. I know I'm not 'creating' a tree but I do want to plant one. Any suggestions on what kind? I want to be able to climb it one day... I made a diaper/baby wipes holder for a baby shower the other day. My sister walked me through it over the phone while looking at her own version of it. It turned out a little bit small but overall it looked AWESOME! The fabric rocked,(thanks mom!) and the Velcro was in the right place! Can you believe it?! I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to have velcro match up! but, I DID IT! I also went to the store, wrapped the present in a bag with MATCHING tissue paper(any of you who really know me knows this is a feat because my idea of wrapping a present is throwing it in a pillow case!), got a salad together and hand washed all of the pans in my parents kitchen by hand in one hour. Yup I actually accomplished that. The shower was awesome too by the way, lots of mission friends and lots of laughs. I forgot what it was like to laugh that hard. Other creations include, cutting out the fabric and laying it all out for a quilt. I have had this fabric for 5 years now with great intentions of getting it done but to no avail. I haven't, until NOW! I am going to sew that baby up and get it machine quilted! I have also tried a few new recipes. The Pioneer Woman's Lemon Pasta and peanut butter pie. YUM! If you don't know who the pioneer woman is you are missing out! She rocks my socks! look her up! thepioneerwoman.com. I have many more plans for creations: I want to build a couch. You hear me right, a couch. Go ahead and laugh, most people do but it is going to happen! within my lifetime dadgummit. I want to write a children's book. I have quite a few ideas in my head jumping around they will be freed soon. I am going to make a purse out of a pillowcase, (Thank you Martha Stewart) and I am going to scrapbook LONDON and MY MISSION! Whew! Thats a lot of stuff but I am DETERMINED, to get half of it done.....! I have also been doing other things as well but that is for the next post. So while I have been trying to survive by breathing in and out, I guess I have been doing some worthwhile things and hatching some crazy good ideas.

1 comment:

Kikal said...

I'm so excited to see your couch.