Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'm a grown up now!

SOOO I bought a couch the other day. No big deal. Just you know a whole couch, like a sectional. Again, no big deal right? Wrong! It is a BIG deal! I felt like a legit adult, buying real furniture. Not just IKEA furniture. I got it at a discounted furniture store here in MA and I went in with like 10 mins total and ran around with a salesman and my new roommate Cristina. I'm not joking, I literally ran up and down the isles touching as many couches as I could rejecting most by feel alone. A few lucky couches were blessed with my backside for a few minutes while I tried to imagine how it would look in my place now, how it would look in all my places in the future. My roommate's only question, "Can we eat popcorn on this couch?". Haha you see you can't eat popcorn on a light colored couch. I finally settled on a nice red one that had passed my texture test (for those of you who don't know, I have a thing for textiles and some say microsuede or whatever the devil its called is exactly that, from the devil, autumn had a stuffed pig that was that texture and I would hide it all the time 'cause I hated its texture!) Anyway, it was in my price range and I thought, what the heck its fine. but then as we were walking to check out, I saw it. This robin egg blue square sectional, I approached it holding my breathe as I reached out to texture test it, and BAM! It passed! Next test was the derriere and it passed there too! My roommate and I promptly took it apart and moved it all around configuring it this way and that and sticking both couch sides together makes it into one LONG couch! It was PERFECT!! and lets be serious, LOVE at first sight! The price was above my pay range but it was such a steal I tore off the tag and ran to the register just as two women came and sat on and admired my couch! The sales lady actually told them to get off the couch because I was buying it and it was not for them! haha! A few days later my roommate and her ahem soon to be boyfriend picked up my couch and surprised me that they could get it in one load! It seriously felt like Christmas! It was all wrapped up in plastic and it was all I could do to keep from ripping it off and flinging my body on it. But like most grown-ups, my rational side came out and I decided I should probably clean the 4 pounds of soot out of the fireplace and scotch guard the thing before sitting on it. I feel as if I have given birth to a child and I don't want anyone breathing on it, or touching it. I am a freak. I barely can sit on it I'm so afraid it might get you know, used! haha I'm slowly breaking it in. Problem is that my house is so cold no one likes to be in the front room. Next purchase (maybe for Christmas?) are some drapes for the front room. I'm thinking a plum-ish type purple. Anyway, here are a couple pics for your enjoyment!

Here it is!


Look at that clean fireplace!!

No comments: